mIRC Homepage
Posted By: Checksum using more then 1 ip address - 28/09/06 10:35 PM
im running a windows xp machine with more then 1 ip address setup on it, i want to be able to run 2 mirc's at the same time but use different ip on each one. is this possible and if so how. thanx

checksum
Posted By: Doqnach Re: using more then 1 ip address - 28/09/06 10:50 PM
you could install 2 mIRC's (or use 2 different ini files, in 2 different shortcuts) and put the localhost & ip info in by hand over at options > connect > local info
Posted By: Checksum Re: using more then 1 ip address - 28/09/06 11:24 PM
tried that. that didn't work!!!!!
Posted By: Riamus2 Re: using more then 1 ip address - 29/09/06 04:56 PM
How do you have different IP addresses? Are they different connections (different network cards, for example)? If that is the case, then you'd have to make each mIRC connect through different connections. That is the advice I can give you... I don't know how you would go about doing it, though. I think mIRC will default to your first (default) connection.
Posted By: DaveC Re: using more then 1 ip address - 30/09/06 09:05 AM
look up help on the DOS "ROUTE" command, you can likely invoke a rerouting to the second gateway, before the 2nd mirc starts (im assuming your hitting the same network, so are going to need a temp reroute rather than a permanent one)

hint.
start/run/CND/ok/ and then ROUTE /?

PS: I havent done this myself, but i know this is how its done, I have had multiple ips and used routing to link certian ip ranges to each one.
Posted By: Sam_Hamwich Re: using more then 1 ip address - 25/10/06 04:23 PM
Quote:
look up help on the DOS "ROUTE" command, you can likely invoke a rerouting to the second gateway, before the 2nd mirc starts (im assuming your hitting the same network, so are going to need a temp reroute rather than a permanent one)

hint.
start/run/CND/ok/ and then ROUTE /?

PS: I havent done this myself, but i know this is how its done, I have had multiple ips and used routing to link certian ip ranges to each one.

Change CND to CMD smirk
© mIRC Discussion Forums