mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
C
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
C
im running a windows xp machine with more then 1 ip address setup on it, i want to be able to run 2 mirc's at the same time but use different ip on each one. is this possible and if so how. thanx

checksum

D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
you could install 2 mIRC's (or use 2 different ini files, in 2 different shortcuts) and put the localhost & ip info in by hand over at options > connect > local info

If it ain't broken, don't fix it!
C
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
C
tried that. that didn't work!!!!!

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
How do you have different IP addresses? Are they different connections (different network cards, for example)? If that is the case, then you'd have to make each mIRC connect through different connections. That is the advice I can give you... I don't know how you would go about doing it, though. I think mIRC will default to your first (default) connection.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
look up help on the DOS "ROUTE" command, you can likely invoke a rerouting to the second gateway, before the 2nd mirc starts (im assuming your hitting the same network, so are going to need a temp reroute rather than a permanent one)

hint.
start/run/CND/ok/ and then ROUTE /?

PS: I havent done this myself, but i know this is how its done, I have had multiple ips and used routing to link certian ip ranges to each one.

S
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
S
Quote:
look up help on the DOS "ROUTE" command, you can likely invoke a rerouting to the second gateway, before the 2nd mirc starts (im assuming your hitting the same network, so are going to need a temp reroute rather than a permanent one)

hint.
start/run/CND/ok/ and then ROUTE /?

PS: I havent done this myself, but i know this is how its done, I have had multiple ips and used routing to link certian ip ranges to each one.

Change CND to CMD smirk

Sam Hamwich
-Build a Better Mousetrap, and They Will Build A Smarter Mouse-

Link Copied to Clipboard