mIRC Homepage
Posted By: knocte default browser instead of IE - 10/12/02 07:40 PM
Hello.
When I double-clic an URL, mIRC launches IE. How can I tell mIRC to launch the default browser configured in my OS? For example, Mozilla.

Thanks in advance.
Posted By: Merlin Re: default browser instead of IE - 10/12/02 07:41 PM
Please read https://forums.mirc.com/showflat.php?Cat=...amp;amp;fpart=1
Posted By: knocte Re: default browser instead of IE - 10/12/02 08:23 PM
I have seen the post, but I can only see some instructions to launch an SPECIFIC BROWSER, and not the DEFAULT one.

In that post, I can read the sentence "When you click on a hotlink in mIRC, the browser which is set as windows default will open the link", but that's not true because I have PC's with Mozilla and Phoenix installed as default browser and mIRC ALWAYS LAUNCHES IE. What am I doing wrong?
Posted By: ParaBrat Re: default browser instead of IE - 10/12/02 08:40 PM
You arent doing anything wrong, its a bug (check in the bug reports forum). You can use whats in the post Merlin suggested and fill in the browser you want used. There have been a couple different workarounds suggested to use until the next version is released.

mIRC is supposed to get your default browser from windows, but recently that isnt working quite right frown
Posted By: knocte Re: default browser instead of IE - 10/12/02 09:16 PM
Do you know if it is planned to be fixed in the next version?
Posted By: ParaBrat Re: default browser instead of IE - 10/12/02 09:31 PM
I also addressed this same question in the bug forum..but again here: Khaled does not in usually say in advance what bugs or items he fixes/changes, we have to wait until the next version release to find out. I would however guess this is one that will be addressed for the next version.
Posted By: knocte Re: default browser instead of IE - 10/12/02 09:35 PM
Ok, thanks! I hope that too.
Posted By: Sickness Re: default browser instead of IE - 11/12/02 06:53 PM
I had the same problem. So i made this:

Code:

on ^*:hotlink:*//*.*:*: { }
on *:hotlink:*//*.*:*: { run "C:\Program Files\mozilla.org\Mozilla\mozilla.exe" -remote openURL $1 }
on ^*:hotlink:*www.*:*: { }
on *:hotlink:*www.*:*: { run "C:\Program Files\mozilla.org\Mozilla\mozilla.exe" -remote openURL $1 }   
Posted By: Sickness Re: default browser instead of IE - 11/12/02 06:55 PM
Oh, i must mension that i used the ON commands from in here, but Mozilla didnt work as with opera. So i had some help from #mozillazine at irc.mozilla.org aswell.
© mIRC Discussion Forums