mIRC Homepage
Posted By: lreef MUSIC - 23/06/03 11:11 PM
alright what happened can anyone tell me about why everytime i go into a different server all i get is no music it's like i'm the only one in there i'm a music lover and a clueless computer person so could somebody tell me where i can download whole albums and stuff
Posted By: _D3m0n_ Re: MUSIC - 23/06/03 11:13 PM
buy em like everyone else ..... if your truly a music lover and u were an artist would u be giving away your music or selling it to make a living?
Posted By: Raccoon Re: MUSIC - 23/06/03 11:26 PM
There are many artists dying for you to listen to them at www.mp3.com with free downloads of their works. I suggest giving them a chance before you go and warez a bunch of lame mainstream sh[b][/b]it.
Posted By: codemastr Re: MUSIC - 23/06/03 11:37 PM
You can "download" whole albums at your local music store.
Posted By: Prizm Re: MUSIC - 24/06/03 12:13 AM
How the hell can you download a CD at a music store? Do they have high speed internet connected computers?? The point is, you can't actually "download" an album at a music store.
Posted By: codemastr Re: MUSIC - 24/06/03 12:15 AM
Note the quotes, meaning not the standard definition. In a broad sense, all download means is to transfer information (in this case music) from a central location (the store) to a remote location (your house).
Posted By: Raccoon Re: MUSIC - 24/06/03 12:39 AM
You 5 finger slooth you.
Posted By: ParaBrat Re: MUSIC - 24/06/03 06:03 AM
In case all the, um, subtlety has escaped you, we do not help with, encourage or support illegal filesharing on this forum.
Posted By: _D3m0n_ Re: MUSIC - 24/06/03 06:04 AM
fielsharing is an understatement .. i mean these ppl are looking for whole cds to download and rip illegally ...... thats just as wrong as pirating software
Posted By: Watchdog Re: MUSIC - 24/06/03 07:43 AM
Big music shops have computers that let you burn your own CD with the songs you want and pay per track.
Posted By: Prizm Re: MUSIC - 24/06/03 12:52 PM
Obviously not where I live.
Posted By: codemastr Re: MUSIC - 24/06/03 04:23 PM
Well according to your profile, you live at 127.0.0.1, aka, your computer. Your computer most likely has a CD-ROM, which has the ability to download information from a CD onto its harddrive smile
Posted By: The_Game Re: MUSIC - 24/06/03 04:48 PM
We don't have that option here but I like the idea...sometimes when people purchase a CD they buy it for one or two songs and not listen to the rest of it.. Being able to compile a CD with the songs you want and then paying for it seems to be a better option.. Course charging a dollar per song is quite fair...so if you pay to have 15 or so tracks on your cd then your cd would cost about the same anyways...along with the tax and the cost of the disc...If that option was available here, I would utilize it.
Posted By: Raccoon Re: MUSIC - 24/06/03 07:23 PM
No no no... The RIAA would complain that, "The two GOOD songs on a CD should cost $8.00 each, while the other crap-songs $0.12 each." Ever notice how a single (CD with only 1-4 songs on it) costs nearly as much as the full album?

- Raccoon
Posted By: pheonix Re: MUSIC - 24/06/03 07:59 PM
we have the option here at £1 a track:|
Posted By: Prizm Re: MUSIC - 24/06/03 10:02 PM
Very true! laugh
Posted By: The_Game Re: MUSIC - 25/06/03 01:06 AM
Well any single thats over $5 dollars is not worth purchasing in my opinion...so they can argue I still like the idea a buck a track lol...its more reasonable grin
© mIRC Discussion Forums