mIRC Homepage
Posted By: Braveheart smileys in mIRC - 24/05/14 10:55 PM
I want Smileys to be visible in mIRC smile Like this one
Posted By: Loki12583 Re: smileys in mIRC - 24/05/14 11:41 PM
https://forums.mirc.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/106741/Emoticons#Post106741
Posted By: Wims Re: smileys in mIRC - 25/05/14 12:28 PM
Khaled said in a more recent post it was on his todo list but, a bit too far away since he wasn't a fan of smiley himself.
Posted By: Doubled111 Re: smileys in mIRC - 11/01/15 09:19 PM
Come on, everyone love smileys!

It was fine when mirc came out, but it's 2015 now, maybe some option can be added so they can be disabled if you don't want to see them or something like that...
Posted By: Raccoon Re: smileys in mIRC - 12/01/15 03:00 AM
There is a solution to smileys, and that's font rendered unicode emoji. The problem is that most emoji don't render very nicely in mIRC's narrow text area -- most other applications have expanding rows to accommodate emoji and emoticons, mIRC does not.

What I have been wanting to do for a while now, is compile an updated version of Fixedsys, mIRC's default font, with all the popular emoji. There is a version of Fixedsys out there called Fixedsys Excelsior that has more unicode languages but no emoji... as emoji hadn't existed at the time. It's also not a true bitmap font, so it's a tad slow in mIRC compared to Fixedsys.

I don't supposed there's any OpenType experts hanging out on the boards here that could give me a few pointers on this endeavor? How do I wrap a true bitmap font in an opentype or truetype container?
Posted By: westor Re: smileys in mIRC - 12/01/15 01:15 PM
Thats a big shame man it have been passed 10 years until an official post about smileys (emotions) in mIRC i think this feature will make an big step to users to update and use the latest version because the most of users (using an old statistic via ctcp versions reply on network connections) the most are using 6.35 and lower so if the Khaled want an good an nice GUI about mIRC (that mIRC does not have the best but is ok) i think with my opinion the emotions MUST be included or just make an official announcement and tell the users that this feature will not going to be include in next builds or that i am going to create it on 2050 when my kids will use mIRC, i think Khaled will must give an reply here to users and inform them about it.

- Thanks!
Posted By: Sat Re: smileys in mIRC - 12/01/15 01:32 PM
Originally Posted By: Doubled111
It was fine when mirc came out, but it's 2015 now

..and IRC itself is still entirely text-based. What's your point?
Posted By: landonsandor Re: smileys in mIRC - 17/01/15 05:59 PM
if smilies are what make people update, then they're using the program for the wrong reason. Emoticons/emojii/graemlins/smilies have been talked about MANY times in the past decade. I would imagine if they havent been created into mirc, then they never will be
Posted By: hixxy Re: smileys in mIRC - 17/01/15 06:34 PM
Emoticons are on Khaled's todo list:

Originally Posted By: Khaled
I am not sure if I have ever commented on the emoticon issue in the past, so I will just quickly chip in: I am not a great fan of graphical emoticons myself :-) however many people obviously enjoy using them. Emoticons have not been added to mIRC mainly because there are so many feature requests on my to-do list ahead of them. I am not sure how much work it would take to add them since I have not looked into it yet but once the Unicode version of mIRC is released (a huge and complex project that I have been working on over the last year), I plan on implementing changes to the interface - and support for graphical emoticons will be a part of that. And yes, they will be optional :-)

https://forums.mirc.com/ubbthreads.php/ub...cons#Post218394

Edit: Just seen Wims' post above!
Posted By: westor Re: smileys in mIRC - 17/01/15 06:37 PM
#218394 - 12/02/10 03:29 PM

yes ok ... 3 weeks, 5 days, from now will be 5 years happy birthday!!!
Posted By: Raccoon Re: smileys in mIRC - 18/01/15 01:11 AM
In IRC years, that seems like yesterday. (it really does)
Posted By: madmaxx13 Re: smileys in mIRC - 20/01/15 08:42 PM
GIVE US EMOTICONS!!!! >:D I sure need them I can use them for so much things! also if we could insert our own pictures as Emotes like twitch.tv laugh
© mIRC Discussion Forums