mIRC Homepage
Posted By: uicnren Question about forum/threads here - 31/01/05 06:19 PM
Kudos on the new update.

I do have a question however. I am sure it is something completely simple that I am over-looking, but, I cannot get this to work correctly.

I would like to display threads in the order that they were posted. IE: the latest reply is at the top, second oldest next, etc...

I cannot for the life of me get the forum to display in this manner.

I do not see a setting for it in display preferences, nor does sorting by "posted on" in the thread view.

Any insight is greatly appreciated.
Posted By: Mentality Re: Question about forum/threads here - 31/01/05 06:58 PM
That isn't specifically an option, but at the bottom of each forum there's you can set to show only threads that have been active in the past week/two weeks/month/etc so old ones aren't shown. You can also click on 'Active Topics' at the top of the forum for topics active in the past 24 hours.

Regards,
Posted By: uicnren Re: Question about forum/threads here - 31/01/05 08:11 PM
hrmmmm,

This is the first message board I have been on that isnt abe to be configured in that manner.

As for the activity setting, that does help, but even with that, threads still arent in "order".

I do appreciate the response smile
Posted By: Doqnach Re: Question about forum/threads here - 01/02/05 02:20 PM
Quote:
hrmmmm,

This is the first message board I have been on that isnt abe to be configured in that manner.

As for the activity setting, that does help, but even with that, threads still arent in "order".

I do appreciate the response smile

I believe one of the reasons this is done is because you can't "bump" threads this way.
(post a useless reply just to get the topic at the top again)

this means less spam, but many times double threads
© mIRC Discussion Forums