mIRC Homepage
Posted By: romVsen Is it possible to minimize MIRC to the tray? - 18/03/04 05:23 PM
Thanx,
Roman
alt+o > display > options > tray

smile
Thanx! One more question:
when I [post somthing then I get message "You need voice (+v)" What does it mean? And what should I do?

Roman
message an op in the channel and ask for voice.

//msg $nick(#,1,o) can i have voice please? smile
1) There is also a command to minimise mIRC to the tray, and that is /showmirc -t

2) +v means 'voice' - it is technically meant for +m (moderated) channels. 'Moderated' means that only people with +/@ (voice/op) can speak in the channel. Although not definite, it is not always a good idea to message an op and ask for voice, it can occasionally get you banned from channels or a warning (different channels have different rules). However, if the channel has lots of other voiced users or is indeed +m (or a similar mode) then there's no harm in trying - even if you do get banned (which is unlikely), you can't say anything more than before!

Have fun smile

Regards,
OK!
Last question: what is "op"? Help is taciturn about it...

Thanx,
Roman
Op (@) is a channel operator; a user who has control over the channel. For more info, type /ircintro and see Section 31.
Or jump straight to section 31 with /ircintro operator smile
Iori, you don't stop surprising laugh
No, she really doesn't. smile
She????
I'll feel awfully silly if I'm wrong... but I'm pretty sure Iori is of the female persuasion. :tongue:
there's also possible to hide it from tray. mIRC will be visible only from Task Manager:)
© mIRC Discussion Forums