mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
P
Pring4 Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
P
This is very odd, I mIRC crashes every time I get a DCC file sent. I have it on auto-accept, and it Windows gives me an error and mirc quits out. This is happening on a brand new system and this has never happened before. Should I try an older version? I've got no scripts running, either.

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
What is the crash message? Does it involve iphlpapi.dll?

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
P
Pring4 Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
P
Yes, it does.

ModName: iphlpapi.dll
ModVer: 5.1.2600.2180
Offset:00008e79

Thanks for the quick reply

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
All those that I have encountered have found that adding this DLL (direct download link) to their mIRC directory solves that problem. It seems to be a problem on AMD processors, and perhaps nVidia related too.

Please note, do not replace the iphlpapi.dll with your Windows system default. Just place it in your mIRC directory, and see if that solves the situation.

You are, of course, welcome smile

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
There must be some combination of things that does it. I use AMD XP 3000+ on a motherboard with the nVidia2 chipset and a GeForce 5500 O/C video card and I've never seen the error myself.

Still, everyone with the error *does* seem to have AMD CPUs. It would be nice if those with the error would get together and list out their entire system specs and see if there is some combination that would cause it. It's even possible they are using a certain set of motherboard drivers or certain software that edits that file to be for Intel and not AMD processors.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
as a note here, I DONT get that problem and have (specific stats):

AMD XP 3,000+
Gefore FX 5600
Win2k Pro totally up to date on patches
mirc 6.16 (scripted on by me only)

Need any other info? I have never gotten that error and have had this PC almost 2 years (xmas will be 2).

Those who fail history are doomed to repeat it

Link Copied to Clipboard