mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
U
UkLad16 Offline OP
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
U
''TMD-MOVIEZ Cannot Send To Channel'' appers when i try to do the example of "@find [tmd]8.crazy.nights.(vortex).ts.(1of1).avi" or when i type anything in fact. Im new to IRC and im not good with all this computer lingo, so if you help me please make it clear lol Thanks in advance confused

Z
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Z
Cannot send to channel usually appers when the channel is moderated (+m) OR when you are banned from the channel.

In the +m mode, only @Ops and +voice can talk. The rest will not be able to. If you are banned, then you cannot talk at all (some IRCds allow +voices and @Ops to talk, even if you aer banned).

Click here for a post about file sharing (which is not mIRC's function!)

Zyzzyx.

"All we are saying is give peace a chance" -- John Lennon
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
If you're going to insist on using mIRC for illegal file sharing despite the advice given to you in the thread linked to above, then I might aswell let you know you'll find a lot of the illegal warez channels are set to +m so that no disturbances (such as flooding) can be made inbetween the XDCC bots spamming their messages to the channel on how to obtain the illegal files. Therefore, you may come across this error message a lot.

By the way, what you're doing is illegal, a good way to get infected with a virus, not what mIRC is for and generally frowned upon.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
why bother saying that? it isnt going to make people stop, if they want to they will. its a pointless wast of time (and post).. how many times have you said that before?.. ;/

http://MTec89Net.com
irc.freenode.net #MTec89Net
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
And as I have said elsewhere I will not relent on the issue smile - *You* know I've said it all before, however, someone who has never posted here before doesn't know me from Adam and has no idea what I've said before, so from their perspective, it's the first time I've ever said it.

If anyone has noticed the boredom of my repetition it's me, but it's part of helping, and I enjoy doing that for 95% of the time. The other 5% is having to see people argue on the boards, people contradict what I and others have said, see people occasionally spam the forums and of course, having to (and wanting to also in a weird way) repeat this same message time and time again for the people that are constantly told by their friends that mIRC is for file sharing and is great for getting movies.

I don't see how it harms you or anyone else if I continue to warn people that downloading such files is illegal - there are people (I know of one story in the UK, where the original poster of this thread seems to come from) who have been fined large sums of money for the files found on their computer - the person was under 18, I think their parents may have been fined. Just because a lot of people do it doesn't make the issue less serious.

So, I don't think trying to guide someone who's new to mIRC/IRC and informing them of the facts is a waste of my time, their time, your time nor a waste of a post.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Maybe the owner of the server hosting that room should close the room.

Link Copied to Clipboard