Print Thread
#8098 24/01/03 04:58 PM
R
rdb Offline OP
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
R
I have recently begun managing a server (Windows 2000 Server) that has mIRC v5.7 32bit installed on it. I tried using Start/Settings/Control Panel/Add Remove Programs to remove the application. It went through the process but indicated that the files could not be removed. mIRC still starts up when the administrator logs on.

I have looked for registry entries that would start it and startup folder entries, but nothing is present. I deleted the only mIRC reference that I could find from the registry, but mIRC still starts. If I open the mIRC window, there is a message $read: error opening c:\winnt\system32\mdm.scr (line 1, dll32nt.hlp). A help dialog also appears at logon asking if I want to locate the file /n /fn. I don't know if this is related or not however the fact that mIRC is refering to dll32nt.hlp leads me to think that it is.

My goal is to remove all mIRC files from the system and to prevent the errors/dialogs/windows from appearing. I don't know why the were installed in the first place and the client has no need for mIRC.

Thanks for you help,

Doug

#8099 24/01/03 05:06 PM
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
There are trojans that put v5.7 on, check this thread as well as here

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet

Link Copied to Clipboard