Print Thread
#68427 18/01/04 04:32 PM
C
ciuly Offline OP
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
C
Ok... So you are some old user of the IRC ... you know a bunch of ppl, but TODAY you are bored... you want something new... wait a minute.. you have something new ... games... hm... the old trivia? neeeeh. Sick of it. You have won the last 3 WTC's (World Trivia Championships - <<sorry for the resembling>> )... you want something else... maybe some chess ... mahjongg ... solitaire even?.. hm ... can there be anything like that on the IRC? well... ok... you have yahoo!games or any other site that has online game support... wouldn't it be nice to be able to play your favorite board game using mIRC as a client???? Just think... you join a channel (or maybe a special server like GameNET...:) ) and start your favorite game.. one way or another... now that would be awsome... wouldn't it?

So ... my question to you all... is there possible in any way to use mIRC as a client on IRC other than chat? I mean like something (robot, known as an IRC bot, or a specialy designed server) sending some sort of command that mIRC can understand and act in consequence: ex. create a user-form and put on it some buttons, and maybe some graphics (for example a chess board)...anyway?.. anyhow?

#68428 18/01/04 04:57 PM
S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
You allready have that.. many scripts out there have games in them.. just that i dont think so many users will use it? i dont think that it will be anything like it in mirc.. but feel free to download a script with the fetures you looking for, www.mircscripts.org is a good place to start looking smile

if ($me != tired) { return } | else { echo -a Get a pot of coffee now $+($me,.) }
#68429 18/01/04 05:00 PM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Perhaps this addon would interest you, and perhaps you'd like to look at the code. (MUD = Multi-User Dungeon)

Other games have been created to work within mIRC, some using sockets to connect to websites which have games, some actually coded in the mIRC scripting language. Perhaps searching Google would turn up some interesting results.

Have fun!

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
#68430 23/01/04 10:35 PM
J
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
J
Hello ciuly,

Interestingly enough, when Microsoft launched the Exchange Chat Service (an IRCX server), they implimented commands which could let you exchange other interesting data that would not necessarily interfere with the normal operations of the channel. Particularly, it was geared for those who used to use Microsoft Chat (it had the comics) and Microsoft VChat. However, the protocol itself was designed rather well and is versatile yet today.

At one point in time, before mIRC (around version 5.92?) supported the IRCX protocol, an individual wrote a chat client called "TurboIRC". TurboIRC supported (and was geared for) IRCX and it even came with a chess game and also services that you could purchase if you ran an IRCX network. I think TurboIRC is still available today and I know that you can freely download the Microsoft Exchange Chat Service from Microsoft's site... but it has to be run on NT Server 4.0, 2000 Server, or 2003 Server. It will not run on NT Workstation, 2000 Professional, or XP Home/Professional.

mIRC now supports IRCX and can be setup to impliment gaming features... it's been done before.

If you're interested in more information, send me a private message.

Regards,

John

Link Copied to Clipboard