mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
M
MANGLED Offline OP
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
M
I am running sysreset 2.53 and mirc 6.12. I will turn on my program, fileserver auto starts, and queue up some files. I leave and come back, my program has dissappeared! This is terrible! I was chatting with some fellows in a help room and they told me to post this message so that a fix may come out ASAP. Please help me out on this issue as it gets really frustrating to come back and see all half files. THX.

Mangled

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Thats an issue witht he script, not mirc. The only fix you'll get here is to uninstal. If you want something to prevent this from happening, i'd suggest visintg the authpor's website/forums and psoting a message there.

-KingTomato
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
others have posted problems using sysreset, use the search feature here set to all forums and expand the date range.

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
R
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
R
Yes, there's a problem of compatibility between sysreset and mIRC >= 6.10. If you want to help to the resolution of the problem, please try to contribute to the other threads (as ParaBrat said, try the search function with "sysreset" or "fserve crash" with AND option). Especially give details about your configuration (OS level, other packages installed like .NET, ...) and in what mode you use sysreset (firewalled conf maybe?).
There's also a rather long thread in the sysreset msg board you may want to read to know the extent of the problem...

As a matter of fact, NO mad, it's NOT proven that sysreset is the only culprit here. Other fserve scripts are experiencing the same problem at the same moment. These scripts use some mIRC commands intensively, especially chat windows management. It can trigger very weird things either in mIRC or even in Windows (mIRC uses not less than 13 system DLL directlty and up to 20 as a whole crazy).

Link Copied to Clipboard