mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
A
al3x Offline OP
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
A
im having some problems when trying to resume files expercially .tar/.rar files. if i attempt to resume and the download completes, most if not all of the time it becomes corrupted. i was wondering what the problem could be and how i can fix this?

p.s. i am not using any speed patches or behind any router.
my os is winxp pro

Last edited by al3x; 15/10/03 08:15 PM.
B
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
B
well as you could see on forums... mirc is NOT made for dl files so accept it and use some messenger service or wateva.... (my opinion only)

A
al3x Offline OP
OP Offline
A
yes i realize that but i would still appreciate some input into this. in the past i always had no problems resuming downloads.

B
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
B
or your version of mIRC is [censored] up or your isp sux on those ports

A
al3x Offline OP
OP Offline
A
no i installed the lastest version of 6.12 and i doubt it has anything to do with my isp since i am able to download fine from http/ftp.

B
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
B
that means nothing, i use dl accelerator as dl manager it can PERFECT resume dl iwthout corrupted files, i use Opera 7.22 it can also resume but files are in 60% cases corupted, i can also dl perfect from http/ftp and it still means nothing...

D
Babel fish
Babel fish
D
If you are recieving the file from an unknown source, there is no way to verify that it is not corrupted on the source's end.

If you believe this is a bug with resume, please post all the details you can in the Bug Reports forum and we can address it there. If it is something you can't reproduce every time, then I'm afraid it'll probably be terribly difficult to track down.

-chris

A
al3x Offline OP
OP Offline
A
well it seems to happen from various sources, if my download gets cut off and i attempt to resume, once its done most likely the file is corrupted and it seems to happen every time.

M
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
M
bhhhaaa! this happens to me too!! tell me,when you try to resume,does the program hangs/freezes for a few seconds?

J
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
J
I am have this EXACT problem. Any help?

Link Copied to Clipboard