Print Thread
#29866 15/06/03 12:33 AM
D
Duane Offline OP
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
D
I would like to use two montiors with my system.I understand that I need a 2nd video card.Does it need to match the 1st I already have?How do I find out what I have in my computer already?
Thnaks,
Duane

#29867 15/06/03 12:38 AM
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Well umm this isn't exactly a general computer support place, but I'll provide some basic info. First off, it most likely can NOT be the same card. Most newer computers have an AGP card, I've not seen any systems that have multiple AGP slots therefore the second card would most likely have to be PCI. To find out what card you have, look in device manager (the exact location of device manager varies depending on your version of windows), then look under "Display adapters" and it should tell you the name of your current card. But as a side note, if you don't know what your video card was, a.) you didn't know to check device manager, and b.) you didn't open up the PC and read the name off the board itself; I would not recommend you try to install a new card. Just based on that I would assume you don't have the correct tools necessary (demagnetized/non-conductive screw drivers, anti-static wristbands, etc.) and you might wind up breaking more stuff than you fix if you really don't know what you're doing.

Link Copied to Clipboard