mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#260215 14/03/17 08:48 PM
klez Offline OP
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
I decided to make a script regarding SR (Speech Recognition), using Vcmd and sometimes when enable it or adding/removing commands take a lot of time, even is a a few commands on an add.

For example, i have:

Code:
alias vcx_on {
  if ($vcmdver == $null) || ($vcmdstat == 0) halt
  .vcmd -c on
  .vcadd connect dialog,disconnect from,exit dialog,close dialog,minimize active,minimize all,close active,join channel,part channel
}
on 1:vcmd:*:*: {
 if ($vcmdver == $null) || ($vcmdstat == 0) halt
 if ($1- == part channel) { if ($server) && ($active ischan) .part $active }
}

Everytime i use /vcx_on it takes time up to maximum 1 second, but sometimes, unexpectedly, it can take about 10 or more seconds. After restarting of the mIRC, in some cases, the problem disappears, but i met cases when mIRC freezes about 1 minut, even using only /vcmd -c on or /vcmd -c off.

I tried to use only /vcmd on, or to add commands separately using /vcadd command, but anyhow sometimes mIRC freezes.

I want to mention that this happens sometimes, unexpectedly, the problem sometimes occurs by itself and disappears by itself too.

P.S. I'm using mIRC 7.47 on Windows 10 x64, on a powerful computer (Asus Maximus IX Extreme, i7 ...) and i'm wondering that mIRC freezes on /vcmd.. also tried on another computer with Windows 10, working successfully with no freezes and i thought that the problem is in my computer, but after a hour staying on that computer and only chating, returning back to /vcmd, mIRC began to freeze about 30 seconds.

$vcmdver returns: default
$vcmdstat returns: 1 or 3 (3 when i execute /vcd on and 1 - /vcd off)

Tested with a clean mIRC.

Last edited by klez; 14/03/17 08:49 PM.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Thanks for your bug report. This has always been the case unfortunately. The Windows speech recognition system is a heavy resource to set up and can take anything from one to many seconds to initiate. It depends entirely on Windows and whether its speech recognition system is in a busy state. I would guess that it is the type of feature that is meant to be enabled at the startup of an application and only occasionally updated, instead of being repeatedly enabled/disabled/updated with a script. There is little mIRC can do to speed up this process I'm afraid.

Link Copied to Clipboard