mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Raccoon Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
v7.47.816 beta

Occasionally getting the full output of WHO replies to my status window in response to /ialfill commands.

So my ZNC shell host is going through some interesting bouts of lag, and behaving much like IRCing from a very weak mesh network with many periods of >60 second lag interruptions. I notice that during this time, requests for /ialfill occasionally go unanswered for over a minute. I believe mIRC times out or gives up on expecting .inwho to complete. mIRC still accepts the info into the IAL, but doesn't suppress the WHOX 995 responses if they took too long to return.

This is more of a complaint of long scroll clutter in the Status window when examining connection issues.

Am I safe to /halt or /haltdef the output of RAW 354:& 995 ?*: replies? I'm fine doing that if mIRC's current behavior is otherwise useful or intended.

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
This is indeed due to a sixty second timeout on the /who request. If mIRC does not receive a reply within sixty seconds, it assumes something has gone wrong and frees the memory associated with the request. It does this for other server lookups as well. It is an arbitrary timeout value - I could extend it to several minutes. It it safe to halt the event - all it will do is prevent the display of text.

Raccoon Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
Ah, thanks. Good to know. Does $chan(#).inwho change from $true to $false after that 60 seconds elapses?

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Quote:
Does $chan(#).inwho change from $true to $false after that 60 seconds elapses?

Hmm. It does not. I have looked through the code and there is a lot going on, especially as support for /who, the custom /who wildcard parameter, /who history tracking, .inwho, IAL, /ialfill, and so on, were all added at different times. I have decided to consolidate the different /who tracking methods so that all of these features use a single method. This will be in the next beta.

Link Copied to Clipboard