mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
T
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
T
Hello ive been adding commands into MIRC and all of the ones i have created ive done manually via the script editor, Is there any other way to add commands into this with the use of another script/function?

For example on Twitch you have nightbot and you can add commands by using !addcommand (I know they are different systems) This is so my moderators can add commands to my bot through the chat instead of me constantly adding them into MIRC.

If there is a similar thread or website on this topic can you please direct me to it smile

Cheers

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I really don't understand what you want.

You want to allow moderators to add commands like !deletewindows and !stealpasswords, so they can arbitrarily destroy your computer?

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!
N
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
N
He wants an event which logs a trigger word and then returns a message.

writeini commands.ini $2 message $3-
if ($readini(commands.ini,n,$2,message)) msg # $v1

Nillens @ irc.twitch.tv
Nillen @ irc.rizon.net
T
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
T
No I mean for chat moderators on "Twitch" to add custom commands via the chat room on twitch. I know its a bit of a long shot but I just wanted to know if it was possible or not.

for example a chat moderator in my stream will create a command called "downs" so he/she would put something like:

!addcommand !downs 2

"!addcommand <command name> <Command text>"

and it will automatically input the command into the script editor like:

on *:text:!downs:#:{ msg # 2 }

I understand if there is a way to do it, it is a long and confusing procedure. Ill keep scanning the web to see what i can find though smile

T
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
T
Originally Posted By: Nillen
He wants an event which logs a trigger word and then returns a message.

writeini commands.ini $2 message $3-
if ($readini(commands.ini,n,$2,message)) msg # $v1

Ill look into that thank you <3

M
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
M
Originally Posted By: TehGashMan
Hello ive been adding commands into MIRC and all of the ones i have created ive done manually via the script editor, Is there any other way to add commands into this with the use of another script/function?

For example on Twitch you have nightbot and you can add commands by using !addcommand (I know they are different systems) This is so my moderators can add commands to my bot through the chat instead of me constantly adding them into MIRC.

If there is a similar thread or website on this topic can you please direct me to it smile

Cheers

This can be found all over the internet (and the mIRC forums) just by searching using the search function in the upper right corner. (or by using google)

Anyway - here you go. feel free to edit it to personalize it towards your own channel.

http://pastebin.com/ie9WY4PM

Link Copied to Clipboard