mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#248070 19/09/14 11:27 AM
R
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
R
Hi guys, I am in need of a script to run my bot on my channel as nightbot just does not cut it any more. I have tried my best at giving it a go myself but I simply can't get anywhere so I thought I would ask here.

List of what it needs:

1. Quote system - I would like the ability for people to type !quote in chat to bring up a random quote from a selection of recorded quotes using this command "!quote". I would also like to give mods the ability to addquotes via a command. Example: "!addquote one, two, three or !record"

2.The ability to add commands quickly without confusing code to shift through (maybe a comment section or something will make it easy to understand how to add a command)

3. Spam filter to stop people from spamming chat

4. A link blocker so no one can post links unless permitted by an admin. Example: "<link blocked> - please as for a permit from a moderator." the command should be !permit to allow 1 link from the selected username. Example:"!permit RamuneGaming" - "RamuneGaming has been granted 1 link use"

5. The rest are extras but I will ad them myself if you are short for time if it's clear on how to add commands (see point 2);
- !social - brings up social links (3 links)
- !tweet - Help a streamer out and retweet the stream "link to ctt"
- !datpun FailFish FailFish RamuneGaming - 2014 FailFish FailFish
- !follow - Help a streamer out and hit the follow button under the stream to help improve the stream

Thank your for your time, I understand this is time consuming but i would really appreciate the help.

N
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
N
You should be able to find everything if you actually search the forums.

To start scripting yourself, I suggest you use the help files and look at simple codes for reference.
http://en.wikichip.org/wiki/mirc is a great page where you can learn the language as well.
I'll provide an example for you to study.
Use these help files for references:
/help if then else
/help variables
/help on text
Code:
on *:text:!test*:#: {
msg # Someone just wrote $1- 
var %name $nick
if (%name == Nillen) msg # It was Nillen that wrote it!
else msg # It wasn't Nillen, it was %name $+ .
msg # This was a test for you to understand how messaging a channel works. My name is $me $+ , thank you for your time. 
}

Nillens @ irc.twitch.tv
Nillen @ irc.rizon.net

Link Copied to Clipboard