mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#247279 25/07/14 10:59 PM
westor Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
Hello,

I wonder why not in the 'b' $input identifier option (disables buttons for a second when dialog is displayed) does not disable the X button so when click to close the input dialog to not close, now when i use 'ESC' button the button does not close the input dialog until the buttons restored that should close it because with mouse click the dialog closes and before the buttons restored, and also one small suggestion why not adding an feature to select how many seconds the user want the input dialog buttons to be displayed (e.g: b5 [5 seconds])

The correct way should be: if the 'b' option is in use to disable and the X button and all the others input dialog buttons

Now is: when the 'b' option is in use disable only the buttons and NOT the X button, so when i select from the mouse the X button to close the input dialog closes and should not close because the 'b' option said that buttons are disabled, also when i use the 'ESC' button does not close the input dialog that should close it.

NOTE: Sorry for my English.

- Thanks!

Need Online mIRC help or an mIRC Scripting Freelancer? -> https://irc.chathub.org <-
W
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
W
The 'X' button isn't included in the 'buttons' the help is talking about, but this the same for custom /dialog with the 'disable' option. I don't think it would be a good idea to do that though, the feature is meant to prevent misuse of the controls in the dialog, if you mis-close the dialog well, you can always reopen it.
Otherwise, 'bN' to enable the controls after N seconds and enabling ESC to close the dialog are good ideas.

#mircscripting @ irc.swiftirc.net == the best mIRC help channel
westor Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
Ok, why not adding 2 options parameters one "bN" for disable the buttons and one "x" for disabling and the X button and make them optional so if any user want to disable the X button with the 'x' option will be available, and if anyone wants to disable both "xbN" could be used.

Need Online mIRC help or an mIRC Scripting Freelancer? -> https://irc.chathub.org <-
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
This feature is meant to disable input in a dialog to prevent accidental input, in case the user happens to be typing or clicking at the time that the dialog is displayed. It is meant to work in a consistent way in all dialogs. So a 'bN' option is not something I would want to add.

However, the X button should also be temporarily disabled in the same way as other dialog buttons, as it could be accidentally clicked when a dialog is first displayed. I will make this change for the next version.

Link Copied to Clipboard