mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
P
Pyxx Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
P
I am trying to connect to my Twitch Channel using MRIC though an alternate user name that I have set up specifically for Twitch. The User name I use is ECGbot for East_Coast_Gamer channel on Twitch.tv. This problem just came up today but was just working the other day since I was streaming. I'm not quite sure what changed between 2 days ago and today but I am for some strange reason getting DNS Pool and Connection Refused messages when I try to connect to my channel. The connection I used has already changed once from <username>.jtvirc.net. to just tmi.twitch.tv and I had to manually connect the 1st time after changing it but it was fine after that for a xouple days. And now it gives me these messages when trying to log in today. I don't know what change but I do have my Modem/ router set up to allow Mirc ports, and my Firewall / Anti-Virus Program is Vipre, not sure if it's blocking it, but just to make sure it wasn't I had turned it off and it's still giving me the same messages. As I stated before I know it's not that cause it was working fine 2 days ago with my Anti-virus turned on. So will someone please help me set this back up?? I get so frustrated with things like this. I am not good with remembering codes or any command prompts. So I have to look things up. And my anxiety pressure shoots through the roof. So please help.

L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
According to this page: http://help.twitch.tv/customer/portal/articles/1302780-twitch-irc

the server is irc.twitch.tv, following the instructions here to obtain an oauth key and then connecting to the server (it gives you the exact line you need to connect with) worked perfectly for me. Trying to connect to tmi.twitch.tv does not work. Make sure to /nick yourusername before connecting, or use the -i switch to specify it when connecting.

You can then bring up the options, then go to the server list and add it like this:

Then select it and all you need to do is type /server twitch to connect.

If you want to connect automatically when you start you can do so within the options under Connect > Options. If you want to join a channel when you connect you can do so by opening the favorites window (there's an icon for this in the toolbar), then entering the channel you want.

Or you can do this with a remote script, open the script editor with alt+r+r and then place the following:

Code:
on *:start:{
  server irc.twitch.tv 6667 oauth:youroauth -i yourusername
}

on *:connect:{
  if ($network == twitch) || ($server == tmi.twitch.tv) {
    join #somechannel
  }
}

P
Pyxx Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
P
Update on this Post: 1st of All I did not want to delete this post in case someone else was having the same issues. However this problem is now Solved Thanks to a very good friend of mine who also Streams.

Solution: As of September 2013: Twitch.tv is converting all IRC chat into an API Authorization Code. In order for you to Log into an IRC for Twitch you will need an OAuth Code. This will take the place of your Log in Password. In order for you to correct the problems of you trying to log in just follow the instructions below.

Just goto http://twitchapps.com/tmi/ and generate yourself an Authorization Code. This will be entered into the IRC as your permanent password from hence forth. Just follow the directions and you should be able to log right in to IRC and Twitch.tv. Also for Auto-Connect. Instead of your password, use the OAuth: code. Each Username is designated with their own unique Oauth: Code. Please remember that.

P
Pyxx Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
P
Thanks Loki, I did not see your post until after I was done posting my update. lol but good looking out.

Link Copied to Clipboard