mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
E
Ergonyx Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
E
I have a basic understanding of mIRC scripting and I've succeeded in doing most of what I've tried out. However, there's still more advanced snippets that I've found that I don't understand.

Code:
on *:TEXT:/!banlist (add|remove)/Si:#: {

Is one example. I understand most of that line but I'm unsure as to why the "/" is at the beginning before the !banlist command and what the "/Si" does/is for.

Basically, I'm looking for a tutorial resource, that way I don't have to come in here and ask every time I hit a wall or find a snippet I don't fully understand. Just want somewhere with super in-depth information about all that is mIRC scripting >_<

Then there's error messages I'd like to send if there wasn't enough parameters passed to the command, using access levels in if statements (I don't know why I can't make this work -_-), and other random crap that I just can't seem to get working lol.

L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
I can't speak for a resource for you to look at, but your snippet is incorrect; the matchtext is a regex (regular expression), and so the $ event prefix must be used.

Code:
on $*:TEXT:/!banlist (add|remove)/Si:#:

Regular expressions are a defined syntax for matching text and is not directly related to mIRC, for more information on that you can see here: http://www.regular-expressions.info/, the mIRC specific part here are the modifiers at the end, // is used to surround the regex and the modifiers are specified afterward. 'S' strips the incoming text of all control codes (bold, color...) and the 'i' is for case insensitivity.

Access levels are used in triggering events, you use them in place of the *, I suppose you could use $level to do so within an alias but it probably isn't the best way to structure it.

W
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
W
That line is wrong, it looks like the matchtext of the event is a regular expression, however the event is not using the '$' event prefix, meaning the matchtext shouldn't be treated as a regular expression.
edit: beat by loki!

The help file documents pretty much everything correctly.
Best mIRC scripting guide is www.zigwap.com/mirc wink

Note: you have no other choice than asking on the 'scripts&popups' section of this forum if you have specific questions (access levels, error messages, random crap)

Last edited by Wims; 08/08/13 02:05 AM.

#mircscripting @ irc.swiftirc.net == the best mIRC help channel

Link Copied to Clipboard