Print Thread
M
mahi Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
M
Hi,

I'm using the highlight feature, but beeping does not work there. Generally it works in Mirc, also, in the following window if I click the "play button" it beeps...

But upon match (which I can clearly see, because text becomes green) - no beep appears. Don't get confused by the regex, it handles some typos in my irc user name.

Thx

Last edited by mahi; 07/11/12 07:26 AM.
A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
Do you have sound enabled? Alt+O -> [x] Enabled Sounds should be checked. Also, you need to make sure mIRC's audio volume is on-- on a Windows Vista or 7/8 machine, each application has its own volume control in the mixer, right click the sound icon in your tray and click "Volume mixer" to see mIRC.

If you still aren't getting audio, try checking [x] Use internal beep, which will bypass your Windows system audio settings. I can get mIRC to make noise in this scenario.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Thanks for your bug report. Unfortunately, I have not been able to reproduce this issue here. I tested using the same settings that you provided below. mIRC beeped a single beep as expected when a matching word was received in a message. Do you hear beeps for any other events? If you use the /beep command in the status window, do you hear any beeps?

M
mahi Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
M
Guys, argv0 was right. I wasn't aware that sounds were disabled there - especially I forgot that it's necessary to turn it on there. Problem solved, sorry if I have wasted your time. Thank you...

Link Copied to Clipboard