mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
J
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
J
I've noticed with the reload log option for channels and chat windows that sometimes the log file doesn't fully display. The last few lines are cut, but not always.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Thanks for your post. The reload logs feature loads at most the last 500 lines of a log file (see changes for v6.32 in versions.txt file). Log files can be very large, so reloading them for every channel or query that you open could very easily result in Windows running out of memory, as well as slowing mIRC down. The 500 line limit was added to prevent these types of issues.

D
Pan-dimensional mouse
Pan-dimensional mouse
D
Originally Posted By: Khaled
Thanks for your post. The reload logs feature loads at most the last 500 lines of a log file (see changes for v6.32 in versions.txt file). Log files can be very large, so reloading them for every channel or query that you open could very easily result in Windows running out of memory, as well as slowing mIRC down. The 500 line limit was added to prevent these types of issues.

I think he meant the bottom few lines (i.e., most recent lines) are missing.

J
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
J
Originally Posted By: drum
Originally Posted By: Khaled

I think he meant the bottom few lines (i.e., most recent lines) are missing.

Yes. That's what I meant.

D
Pan-dimensional mouse
Pan-dimensional mouse
D
Originally Posted By: Jaillynian
Yes. That's what I meant.

When it happens next time, can you check to see if the log file also has those lines missing?

J
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
J
the log doesn't lack the lines. I've left a channel and rejoined and the lines would pop up then. it's just not reloading it properly

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Thanks I will try to reproduce the issue here.

B
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
B
I too am experiencing this problem for quite some time now.
Almost 2 years ago I posted about this here.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Thanks, I think I have found the cause of this issue. It has been fixed for the next version.

Link Copied to Clipboard