mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#227858 26/11/10 12:20 AM
F
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
F
Not sure how to describe this, because it effects alot of things. And happends on 2 different clients both running 7.15, neither running any of the same scripts, and one client that has no scripts(even the defaults) loaded.

All happen while mIRC is running
1) After a few days my font/display settings per window get lost. The font gets set back to Fixedsys.

2) After changing the colors in the colors dialog, after a few days, those color settings get reverted back to the defaults.

3) My treebar "loses" windows. I will minimize mIRC to the tray, then a few hours later come back, restore it. It will still show the networks I'm on but every now and then, some of the networks' lose any children of it. IE no channels or queries are displayed when they are open(see screen shot).

4) With the first client, When trying to access it's md5 I get "* Error accessing file: $md5" even though the program is running, and the command "//echo -a $md5($mircexe,2)" is called from within the mIRC client. This install was done from the same setup files as the other two.

md5 of the blank client and of the 2nd mIRC running scripts: 06c7efde71fd9bec2d5e08e2e37a466f

I am SReject
My Stuff
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
Sounds like you might've gotten the first installation onto a section of the hard drive that is/was failing. If you uninstall that client and then reinstall it, you should end up with a properly working copy as Windows will perform a quick test to see if the sector that is being written to is good or not.

This is one of the reasons files end up being fragmented and stay fragmented even after running a defragmentation program.

F
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
F
the first three things happen on all three clients, which are installed in 3 different directories. The 2nd client with scripts is even on a different harddrive than the other two.

Also, the first three things happen to a client with NOTHING loaded. Just a fresh install w/o anything else included with it. (set it up as a control to make sure it wasn't just a script or something doing it)

I've also scanned my computer with 2 different Anti-viruses, and one malware/spyware remover and my system came up clean on all three.

a picture of what's going on with the treeview:

a picture of what's going on with the switchbar:

Last edited by FroggieDaFrog; 26/11/10 04:35 AM.

I am SReject
My Stuff
F
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
F
An update: After shutting down all 3 mIRC clients. Then restarting them, the problem(s) have disappeared for now. Will update this again if the problem occurs.

I am SReject
My Stuff

Link Copied to Clipboard