mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
D
davy007 Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
D
I have a large question.txt file. When using mirc with a trivia bot installed and when adding new questions to the question.txt file, the trivia bot always reports 2669 questions using the !state command. So the 2670th question and beyond are not being recognized?

Help

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
You would have to show us the script part that handles the !state command.

D
davy007 Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
D
OK. And how would I go about doing that?

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Open the scripts editor (Alt+R) and make sure you have the trivia script in front of you (if not, go to it via the View menu).
Then search for !state and see what you find.

D
davy007 Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
D
Hope this is it:

alias -l msg.trivia.state { return $msg.trivia.version $e2(is currently) $e1($trivon) $+ $e2(.) $iif($getset(status,champ),$e2(Champ Mode Set to) $e1($triv(reset)) $e2(Wins.)) $e2(Question file contains) $e1($numq) $e2(lines.) $e1($numl) $e2(questions. Trivia is:) $e1($trivia.onoff) $+ $e2(.) $iif($trivia.on, $iif($question.on,$e2(Time left:) $e1($calc($thget(lagtimedout) - $question.time))) $e2(Question:) $e1($thget(Current)) $+ $e2(/) $+ $e1($thget(Max)) $e2(Team Game:) $e1($team.onoff) $+ $e2(. Trivia Round started by) $e1($thget(SUser)) $e2(on) $e1($thget(STime))) $e2(Bot time is:) $e1($time) }

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Haha, that is one messed up alias.
I think you need to look for the alias called numq to be able to answer your question.
Then again, that alias may point to another alias again. :P

C
Bowl of petunias
Bowl of petunias
C
Would be much easier to tell us what triva script your using!

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I just Googled the script and it's Tat's Trivbot. Here's the script:

http://pastebin.com/uv0YGWDB

That's one really messed up script. You almost need a translator to see what's going on because almost everything seems to use a custom identifier. Rather than a very simple $lines(), it has a really convoluted method to find the number of lines in the file, which is probably why it is failing. I don't have time to test it out and find the problem, but maybe someone else can.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
D
davy007 Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
D
I've located the creator of Tat's Trivia Bot on myspace. His myspace name is Tatarize and gives his real name as David O.

I sent him an email today explaining the problem but haven't received a response back as of yet.

Thanks much for your help.

David wink

Link Copied to Clipboard