Print Thread
#203466 16/08/08 08:50 PM
G
g2x3k Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
G
... got alot of issues with it smirk iam running a few mirc at once and tried many diff version ... seems to be a thru going bug in window handling ...

is there any other way to handle the windows then using windows very limited system resources ? if iam on 10 servs and 5 #chans on some, 20 # on one of the servs ... after few days windows run out of system resources

also can say i have alot of on text and relaying it around might have something to do with that dunno :s ... i tryed few things many diff mirc versions and splitting my scripts over more clients but it seems to still happen anyone ?

Last edited by g2x3k; 16/08/08 08:54 PM.
Q
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Q
This was recently discussed here.

For future reference, Search can help you determine if something has already been reported.

/.timerQ 1 0 echo /.timerQ 1 0 $timer(Q).com
H
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
H
I would suggest you leave some channels and only join when you're actively chatting in them.

You don't need to be in 70 (10x5 = 50 + 20 = 70) channels at any one time. Ever.

G
g2x3k Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
G
lol well ye i do smile
collecting data ...

and yea i searched .. but didnt give solution and its a pretty darn annoying bug .. almost worth letting my php bot runs x20 to be on the channels i need data from only 40/50mb ram usage better then using up dialog resources on it i guess smirk but would be nice with a "solution", iam anyway on many channels ..

Last edited by g2x3k; 17/08/08 10:16 AM.
H
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
H
This is a windows limitation, there's nothing mIRC can do about it I'm afraid. Windows allocates a certain amount of desktop heap space which is memory that is set aside for creating windows. If this space is used up, then applications will find they're unable to create anymore windows. It's not a mIRC bug.

If you're "collecting data" from these channels then you should look at a windowless solution such as sockets.

S
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
S
A piece of advice that will be useful for the rest of your life: separate each different idea you write with a period. Then you can start with more complex things like the comma and semicolon, but using the period will be the biggest step forward.

If you're logging the output of your bots to custom windows, then you should by all means start using output files instead. If each one of your bots uses an mIRC connection (and not a socket), then use sockets, like hixxy mentioned.

G
g2x3k Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
G
yea i know its windows and found some ms KB files on it been reading what i came too was my heapsizes is already what they recommend as max

and its not because of iam logging to windowses cause iam not
but just being on the channel results in after 5 days like now that it begin to run out so there must be a leak no custom windows open at all tryed setting window buffer but dont help

most my logging is by redirecting whats need to local ircd with bots running logging to mysql

hyexx -> "If you're "collecting data" from these channels then you should look at a windowless solution such as sockets."

ye what i thougt about but little overkill running 50 of my own bots for it now mirc has such excellent multiserv support.. but yea looks like it goes in that direction smirk

but even then iam on many channels and cant do that for more than 7/14 days before i have to reboot .... cause it dosnt help just closing mirc... when heap is gone its gone :s
so then whats the multiserv for in mirc if you cant use it thats a problem... must be some otherway to handle the windowses a config parementer in mirc like theres "fast text display"
iam not too much into windows aplication programming but isnt there a way to keep the windowses in own part of memory or just the content of those windowses so it wont fill heap.. been thinking bout but dunno

also i havent even be able to find a program that can display what programs use of heap sizes and whats free would help alot comming up with a solution so if any know such

strider: and what would i do once i had it in a window.. no i dont log too windowses they useless for other then debug

Last edited by g2x3k; 18/08/08 01:25 PM.
A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
I think you have it backwards...

Running mIRC just to collect data from an IRC socket is the overkill part. You don't need the UI. Just use your "php bot". Right tool for the right job and such.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
G
g2x3k Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
G
ye goes that direction but already have 10 of those running laugh
so would be nice to have it all in one client and one script if it just didnt ran out of memory/resources/heap whatever ..

and still if i decide to set it up with bots then ill still be on atleast 30/40 channels spread over atleast 5 servers so not even sure it would solve problem entirely

Link Copied to Clipboard