mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#192655 06/01/08 07:43 PM
G
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
G
Whenever I download something over 500kbs , Vista crashes!! I am using the new version 6.31 of mIRC and wonder if this is an isp, router or settings problem. Any ideas anyone???

Last edited by GhostDaWg; 06/01/08 11:07 PM.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Well, I haven't ever had Vista crash (yet), so not sure why you have the issue. It may be a router issue, or a Windows issue, or an Antivirus/Anti-spyware issue, or something else.

Check your error logs in Windows to see what they tell you...

Run eventvwr.exe from your start menu, then click on Windows Logs and then try both Application and System and see if there are any actual Errors (not just Information). That may help narrow it down.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
J
Bowl of petunias
Bowl of petunias
J
Ghostdawg I am experiencing the same thing. Any fast download seems to crash my computer everytime I downloaded anything. I saw a post on another site where someone states this new version would not even work with Vista. However, the program works fine. I am running Vista Ultimate and it happens to me on every fast download. One other poster stated that what he needed to do to get Mirc to work with Vista is set the compatibility to Windows XP or earlier. I did that and then downloaded a 1 gig file yesterday and I thought I had it fixed. Then I tried again and the same thing happen my computer crashed. Anyone has any other suggestions please inform us. This is really annoying. Never had any problems with any other operation system.

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R

Make sure your network adapter drivers are up to date.

J
Bowl of petunias
Bowl of petunias
J
Thanks Rock for the input. However, that is not the issue.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Try what I said earlier and see if you find anything explaining the crash. That's the best place to start.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net

Link Copied to Clipboard