mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#172853 17/03/07 09:55 AM
P
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
P
Sending stuff over mIRC is no problem, the return is.....having W2K means no MS-Firewall, and my modem is on bridge-mode. Meaning I'm directly connected to the Net. Need to release manually ports 4000-4010 which means I have to "do that" with my Firewall Sygate, but I dont know how.....most of the time when i connect to a new site, Sygate asks me if I want to connect to IP etc etc and I say yes or no...but where do I find in Sygate the option where I can allow to open 4000-4010? My provider says the modem has only a couple of ports that are closed, but not 4000-4010...lol..what now?

By the way I'm new in mIRC, so the problem might be the options??? I might have forgotten something in DCC? But have no idea what....

And yes, I know that mIRC isnt a filesharing program...lololol.....but nevertheless...

Last edited by Petwolfe; 17/03/07 10:33 AM.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I'd check Sygate's site for documentation if you don't have any. I use McAfee's firewall (I have XP, but XP's firewall sucks), though I have mIRC fully allowed in there and just my router blocks ports, so I can't help you with more details than that. If you happen to have a router, check http://www.portforward.com/ for help forwarding ports in the router.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
P
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
P
thanks, no router, my modem is screwed into the wall...lol...bridgemode as said....and maybe you dont know it: Sygate has been bought by Symantec and they changed its name right away, the buggers...lol..

Last edited by Petwolfe; 17/03/07 01:46 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard