Print Thread
#161684 10/10/06 02:10 AM
H
HaleyJ Offline OP
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
H
I am pretty new to mIRC so i may be out of place on this part of the forum. But i still would like to make a few suggestions.

1: It would be nice to have something like an identifier that would pause a script from executing for a given amount of time. It came to me when i was scripting from an ON JOIN event and wanted to check the status of the nick in the channel. now since noone has a status on and on join i used an alias to get round it. but it would be nice to have something that will pause a script for a given amount of time and then check the IF statements etc.

2: It would be nice to have something like an ON *:PROTECT:#: mIRC has everything eg on voice,on op ,on help etc even on owner why not somethink for a +a i am aware that ON mode exists but i still think it would be a nice addition

3:i also think it would be great if there was an auto hide option on the menu bar at the top so only if one would hover ones mouse over it then it would show up. I really do think it would improve the GUI that some people find reason to complain about.

I am aware that all the above is scriptable even the last with the right DLL's etc

Thank-You

#161685 10/10/06 03:05 AM
S
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
S
Your first suggestion could be fullfilled with this little snippet:
Code:
;; /sleep <milliseconds> 
;; alias to hold on your script for the given time
alias sleep {
  var %a = $ticks $+ .wsf
  write %a <job id="js"><script language="jscript">WScript.Sleep( $+ $$1 $+ );</script></job>
  .comopen %a WScript.Shell
  if !$comerr { .comclose %a $com(%a,Run,3,bstr,%a,uint,0,bool,true) }
  .remove %a
}

Also you can use timers there...

one step closer to world domination
#161686 10/10/06 03:19 PM
S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
The OP said they were already aware it could be scripted. Anyway, timers are an ugly solution and that alias you've given requires COM to be enabled in mIRC and the Windows Scripting Host to be enabled on the system. A built-in command would be a lot handier.

Spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, and stupid comments are intentional.
#161687 10/10/06 10:29 PM
D
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
D
I agree, I'd love to see a pause or /sleep command builtin,

I'd also love for an extra switch to /run. /run -w to wait for the app/file to close (akin to start /wait).
or perhaps $runcall(), similar to $comcall().

#161688 14/10/06 07:40 PM
N
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
N
1. Internally adding this would be nice

2. The mode +a is not part of the official IRC protocols specs to my knowledge.

3. Not sure I like this idea. First off, never seen it in practice. Secondly, it's only 25-30 pixels in height (usually)... What are you going to shrink it to, 5? Something needs to be visible (unless transparent) for you to hover the mouse over. Now, this suggestion for the treebar is a GREAT idea (except, popping up the treebar over the MDI area and hiding when the mouse focus is lost. smile

What I would like to see is script based way to remove the menubar and title bar, then place mIRC in to "full-screen mode", and the reverse. smile

NaquadaBomb
www.mirc-dll.com
#161689 20/10/06 07:51 PM
L
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
L
Quote:
1: It would be nice to have something like an identifier that would pause a script from executing for a given amount of time. It came to me when i was scripting from an ON JOIN event and wanted to check the status of the nick in the channel. now since noone has a status on and on join i used an alias to get round it. but it would be nice to have something that will pause a script for a given amount of time and then check the IF statements etc.

I'm not exactly sure what you're trying to do but if the pause is to wait for an outside event to take place (e.g., reponse from NickServ, someone opping you, etc.) then just pausing your script would probably turn into a headache. How would you handle excessive lag or outside clients dropping offline?

Link Copied to Clipboard