mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
D
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
D
I have Windows XP with a Linksys router and a cable internet connection. Everything worked fine until a couple of days ago. I can join the channel, get voiced, but when I DCC send, it gets timed out. When trying to receive, it says connection failed. I don't know what happened. I would appreciate any possible solutions that might get me up and running again.

F
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
F
Not going for the easy out option here, but have you installed or changed anything in the past few days? This is a difficult thing to diagnose so try HERE

As a starting point.

Good luck
Fire

D
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
D
I've tried everything on that page. Can I delete program and start over? I have a cable connection through Roadrunner(Time Warner), a Linksys router,I reset my ports to 4990-5000 like the page I was referred to said, I have a voice with the "+" next to it,, I can play the trivia game, but my sends always say "timed out", and my gets always say connection failed.Everything was working fine, then one day this happened and I don't have a clue why.

Thanks, For any help at all,
Disterberd confused

D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
First off try connecting to your irc server using 6669 --> /server irc.<where-ever>.net:6669
See if that fixes it.

If thats not it, then do u have a software firewall that might be blocking the outbound ports (as well as inbound ones)

If still none of that, then a question, did u used to be able to send files? and if so did u have to forward the relevent dcc ports in the linksys router?

Link Copied to Clipboard