Print Thread
#152567 02/07/06 05:58 PM
R
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
R
Hi all,

New member here ... just curious if anyone knows of a script or pop up that would cause the list window to auto-update every few minutes. I like to see the channel activity and don't want to continually re-type /list to get an updated channel list. Also, I think this would be a neat feature for a future version of mIRC: a dynamic channel list window that shows in real time the number of chatters in any given channel.

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
this could be done easily enough with a timer, but consider having that refresh happen for everyone

on the server I am on the /lusers command returns
-
There are 176 users and 30779 invisible on 40 servers
72 IRC Operators online
15334 channels formed
I have 1732 clients and 1 servers
-
Current local users: 1732 Max: 4808
Current global users: 30955 Max: 56467
-
so the server would have to update to the 1732 to 4808 clients the info for 15,334 channels every X seconds?

dont think so.

to do this for yourself, put in an alias
refresh .timerrefresh 0 300 list

then just type /refresh to get it started, it will repeat the /list command every 300 seconds

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
In response to your query
Code:
 on *:connect:{
.list
$+(.timer,$network) 0 1200 list
}
on *:disconnect:{
$+(.timer,$network) off
}

That will generate an initial list when you connect to the network, then update it every 20 minutes. If you want to restrict the listings, alter the list commands (there's two of them) using the options available at /help /list
This will also track multiple network connections

R
OP Offline
R
I thought I should get back with you guys and let you know I have a /list window that now refreshes itself every 10 minutes and I am well pleased. Thank you both for taking the time to help me. I appreciate it! smile

Link Copied to Clipboard