Print Thread
#149236 15/05/06 10:35 AM
P
paalvaa Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
P
I'm running a bot on a channel, but there's a problem. Scripts that start with on 1: don't work anymore, and neither does on 2:. on3: works, and all levels above, and on *: works fine, but on 1: doesn't work. The default level is 1, so that's not the problem. To show what's the problem, this simple script doesn't work:

on 1:text:!lol test:#: {
msg $chan lol test 2?
}

This, however, does:

on 3:text:!lol test:#: {
msg $chan lol test 2?
}

I've had problems before, where a script that was too long ignored commands below a certain line, but this isn't like that. If it matters, the script is 955 lines long, and the size is 33.7k.

They've worked before... they stopped recently, and I don't know the problem. I've added an if statement to some of the commands, but all commands starting with on 1: have been affected, and if I change the level, they work anyway, even those with the if statement.

Last edited by paalvaa; 15/05/06 10:39 AM.
D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
did you add that on *: at the start, and does it trap all the event like its an on *:text:*:* or anything?, if not maybe u reset the userlevels, have u checked them (i myself dont use userlevels like that so are not over familuar with them)

P
paalvaa Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
P
I haven't added anything at the start of the events. All my events are on text events, and none of them are on text:*-events, except one that selects a random number between 1 and 1000, and if it's 42, adds 250 points to the user (bot feature). That one's worked before, and I haven't changed it, except that I've added the if statement to it... could that be the problem?

D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
are the ON TEXT events that do not work below this code you have changed?

P
paalvaa Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
P
Actually, most are above it, but the one I tested is below it. The effect's the same, though - they don't work as long as the faulty script is on.

O
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
O
You may also want to check to see what Default Level you have your mirc set for in the Script Editor under Options
The default setting is suppose to be 1

Intelligence: It's better to ask a stupid question, then to prove it by not asking....
P
paalvaa Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
P
I know... it is. Read the topic please.

O
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
O
if the commands work on 3:text and not on 1:text
its saying either your commands are wrong or your user level is wrong

try to change the sript to on ^*:text

here is a code for you to play with

Code:
   [color:red] 
on ^*:text:*:#: {
  if (!lol test isin $1) { 
    msg $chan lol test 2? 
  } 
}
 [/color] 

Intelligence: It's better to ask a stupid question, then to prove it by not asking....

Link Copied to Clipboard