mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
R
RRX Offline OP
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
R
It would be useful if there was a way of storing data internal (alike hashtables) as a list that maintains order (unlike hashtables), and referenced basically similar to the custom windows way but, since not a window, not affected by window commands (alike echo -a) or configuration (like buffer size).

D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
Why not just use /WINDOW -hn or even /WINDOW -hnl

You can also add on *:active:@windowname:{ window -h @windowname }

if u like as well.

Q
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Q
FYI, the buffer size set in Options doesn't affect custom windows.

/.timerQ 1 0 echo /.timerQ 1 0 $timer(Q).com
H
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
H
There are still annoyances with that. There's an extra window created which uses more memory than a simple data structure, even when it is hidden. Also, the window will be added to the window list.

* hixxy supports this.

R
RRX Offline OP
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
R
Quote:
FYI, the buffer size set in Options doesn't affect custom windows.

You are right on this. I must have simply assumed this in the past since it's just another window type. I can remove some startup code from my current script, an alias that aline's 1500 lines and then checks if $line(@window,0) == 1500... Useless

The /window commands and identifiers are very versatile and large in number. Maybe it's not efficient to implement a new data structure with about same general characteristics.

I'd be happy already if there was a /window switch to make it not appear in the window list and be excluded by /echo and any builtin displaying to active window code. In short: to make it as immune as possible for standard mirc menu based stuff.

Last edited by RRX; 16/04/06 04:39 PM.
D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
Quote:
In short: to make it as immune as possible for standard mirc menu based stuff.

For now you could use the window creation commands...

var %winname = $+(@,$chr(9),$str($chr(160),50),windowname)
window -hk0 %winname

And a remote...

on *:active:$($+(@,$chr(9),*)):{ window -h $active }

They are accessable by scripting just like always, but by menu (window menu) each one well appear as a blank line (assuming asc160 is hardspace), the remote keeps them hidden, thats gonna get rid of all but the most persistent people, and they would find them regardless anyway.

Link Copied to Clipboard