Print Thread
#146188 01/04/06 10:36 AM
R
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
R
hi

is it possible to delay the standard perform procedures until my script is done? is it possible to rerun the perform again later during a mirc session?

#146189 01/04/06 10:48 AM
S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
Write a own and use a timer to trigger it:
Code:
on 1:CONNECT: { .timerperform 1 20 performm }

alias performm {
  What that should happen
}

Change the number 20 to the amount of time that should past befor perform trigger, 60 = 1 minute, 120 = 2 minutes and so on..

Everything going in to remote.. ALT + R in your mirc..

if ($me != tired) { return } | else { echo -a Get a pot of coffee now $+($me,.) }
#146190 01/04/06 10:55 AM
R
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
R
well, its not quite that easy wink

you see, the basic idea behind this is portability and user frienlieness. just load the script and your good to go. of course i could just add a "copy perform to remote" to the installation instructions, but this way would be nicer smile

#146191 01/04/06 12:34 PM
S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
Add the code in a file, "mrc", then //loar -rs "path to file.mrc" press enter, done.. if thats what you looking for ?

if ($me != tired) { return } | else { echo -a Get a pot of coffee now $+($me,.) }
#146192 01/04/06 12:44 PM
R
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
R
well, what i'm looking for would be the part you described as "code" laugh

i need to interpret the perform.ini. as i see it, there could be two aproches:

a) delay or restart the original mirc perform function. this was my first question so i don't have to do

b) shut down the perform function of mirc and interprete the perform.ini on my own.

so, is a possible or do i have to take the long way?

#146193 01/04/06 10:34 PM
D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
Im a bit unclear if u needed to run perform commands later, or if u were just thinking of that as a way to get them done after your script was completed.

Using mirc 6.17 you could insert a alias call to HOLD.PERFORM.HERE (you use what ever alias name u like) as the first perfrom line and it well hold up any of the others tell you exclusively inform it to carry on.

echo -a OK OK here we go!
your.script.name
hold.perform.here
echo -a amazing perform is running agian
join #noobies-playhouse
echo -a and perform ends

mean while you have this alias
alias HOLD.PERFORM.HERE {
set $+(%,performstopper.,$cid) $true
$+(.timer.failsafe.release.for.performstopper.,$cid) 1 120 unset $+(%,performstopper.,$cid)
while ($($+(%,performstopper.,$cid),2) && ($input(Please Wait While Script Initiates,ok5,Script Name) || $true)) { }
}

* the italic line is a failsafe release of the script after 2 mins

NB: now be aware something in YOUR script, which i assume is running on events or timers or some such thing, when its finished doing all it needs to do, MUST DO this command unset $+(%,performstopper.,$cid) including $cid being the right $cid of the server connection the perform was halted for.

* whats it do?
well it sets a var %performstopper.$cid to true, then just loops untill thats unset (or set to $false or zero or $null), however it doesnt freeze up mirc, becuase it opens a $input telling you to wait for the script to finsih (or what ever you say) so that pauses the script for 5 seconds, then loops back, during that 5 seconds mirc processes events and timers normally, does however disable your ability to type on the command line frown

**** the other option is to use a dll caled WHILEFIX which does the same thing but u can get rid of the $input, you insert the call to whilefix in side the while loop and it releases control to mirc (whcih is normally locked during the while loop). I have experenced some wierd wierd behavour using this, if the while loop remains going for a long time tho.

Link Copied to Clipboard