mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
I've just started my own IRC server that I run on a PC. I'd like to get it so I could just run that PC without the monitor, as a server, but I need to automate a few things. I've added mIRC to my startup items in Windows, and it works. I'd like to have a script so that when mIRC starts (like if I reboot the server), the bot will do a few things in the proper order. I'll need it to join my server and a channel, and I'll need it to run the executable file for the services. I'm not totally sure I have Unreal put in startup properly, so I could just have it run that first. My problem is this. I'm not sure about the order of doing things. If I have the bot joining the server and then starting services, will it need to identify to NickServ once services start? Any recommendations on doing this? Thanks for your help.

O
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
O
/help on start
/help on connect
/help /run

those 3 documents should help you out

Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
Thanks. I already knew about those events and how to use them, but I needed help with the details. I have this so far and it loads Unreal, but I get this:
* Unable to connect to server (Connection refused)

The connect dialog pops up when mIRC starts, and if I manually hit Connect, it works. Any ideas on how to script this? Here's the small part I have:
Code:
on *:START: {
  run "C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\UnrealIRCd"
  server braab.myftp.org
}

Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
I figured it out. Stupid mistake. I need to use my local network IP for my bot to connect to my server.

Link Copied to Clipboard