#13334 27/02/03 04:35 AM
V
VC6_OGL Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
V
Hello,

I would like to know why my script does not work when I try to initialize myself as a channel operator of a channel that is not used by anybody. I will explain what I do, and please let me know if my concept is incorrect:

First, I go to a toolbar icon called "Remote Scripts", then I go to the Remote tab on the new Dialog that shows up, and lastly I have this code in the Text area known as script.ini:

on 1:SERVEROP:#test:/mode $chan +o $opnick

Why does this not work? Is it mIRC, or is it something I am doing? Please help me! frown

Thank you for any help. laugh

- VC6-OGL

#13335 27/02/03 07:29 AM
T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
Its you....a serverop is an event triggered when the server ops someone if you read your help file it gives this example.

on 1:SERVEROP:#:/mode $chan -o $opnick

so if the server ops someone you automatically deop them. Im not totally sure but i dont think you can op yourself with your own script. only someone else if you have the capability. If you are the only one in the channel then you should already have channel op status. and then you would be able to op someone. If you were allowed to do that there would be alot of channel takeovers LOL.

Now if you opened another mIRC and added yourself to the userlist to do this you would do this:

/guser <access level> <nickname> Example: /guser Founder JohnnyBGood

now that you have that access you would put this command into the remotes file

on Founder:TEXT:*!op*:#Channelname:/mode $chan +o $nick
}

That would give you op status using another script (acting as a bot or chanop so its obviously gotta be opped) and you wouldn't even have to open that script up.

Now if you wanted to remove yourself from that user list just type

/ruser <nickname!> and yes after the nick you will add an exclamation mark. This removes you entirely.

I hope this helps in any little way. And if I am wrong please feel free to correct me

Link Copied to Clipboard