mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
L
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
L
I was trying to do a DCC blocker and wanted to use the IP addy from the "DCC Notice" line. Long story short, $gettok($1-,-1,40) was the only way I could get the IP add without going thru a loop of $n or parens (since the ip addy will always be last but the paren could technically appear anywhere). When did that start working for $gettok? I know it's worked on $right/$left for a while now, but was just wondering

Those who fail history are doomed to repeat it
R
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
R
You may try this idea ...
on *:notice:*dcc send*:?: { ignore $address($nick,1) }

Q
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Q
It has always been working, that's why I liked $*tok identifiers.

Btw, you'd better get the IP address from the CTCP command (I suppose you know that dcc requests are ctcps) rather than the notice. That's because the IP in notice can be faked, while the IP in ctcp cannot, since it's the IP that the sender wants you to connect to. Example:
Code:
ctcp *:dcc send *?:?: if $regex($1-,/^dcc send (\S+|".+?") (\d+)/i) { var %file = $regml(1), %ip = $longip($regml(2)) | echo -s Filename: %file , IP: %ip }

/.timerQ 1 0 echo /.timerQ 1 0 $timer(Q).com
L
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
L
kewl, I just never needed it before so I never knew it. As far as CTCP notices for DCC being faked, I know, that's not the ONLY way I ignore them. I use a few different things to ignore them with which has served me well, but thanks for the heads up qwerty smile

Those who fail history are doomed to repeat it

Link Copied to Clipboard