mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
D
deday86 Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
D
i have mirc v6.16 it want let me recieve files when i use my router but when i direct connect it's okay. i read the faqs off other sites to fix it up but it's for a old version of mirc so it want work i need to know do i need to open ports from my router or do something with mirc confused

A
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
A
Your in luck I used to own this exact model i still have the knowledge base bookmarked
http://support.dlink.com/SupportFAQ/default.asp?model=DI%2D604
Step 1 In mIRC, go to File - Options then select Local Info. Make sure that mIRC is reporting your routers EXTERNAL IP address. mIRC attempts to obtain your external IP address when you connect to an IRC server. If after you have connected to an IRC server, mIRC does not have your external IP address listed, you need to uncheck Local Host and IP Address and manually enter your external (WAN)IP address.

Step 2 In mIRC, go to File - Options and select Identd underneath Connect. Make sure that Enable Identd server is checked.

Step 3 In mIRC, go to File - Options and select Firewall underneath Connect. Make sure that Firewall support: is set to None.

Step 4 In mIRC, go to File - Options and select Options underneath DCC. Change the DCC Ports: First to 2070 and Last to 2075.

-- Set up your router --

Step 1 Open your web browser and enter the IP address of your router (192.168.0.1). Enter username (admin) and your password (leave blank).

Step 2 Click on Advanced and then click Firewall.

Step 3 Create a new firewall rule:
Click Enabled.
Enter a name (mirc1).
Click Allow.
Next to Source, select WAN under interface. In the first box, enter an *. Leave the second box empty.
Next to Destination, select LAN under interface. Enter the IP address of the computer you are running mIRC from. Leave the second box empty.
Under Protocol, select TCP. In the port range boxes, enter 2070 in the first box and 2075 in the second box.
Click Always or set a schedule.

Step 4 Click Apply and then Continue to save settings.

Step 5 Click on Virtual Server on the left side.

Step 6 Create a new rule:
Click Enabled.
Enter a Name (mirc2).
Enter the IP address of your computer next to Private IP.
For Protocol Type, select TCP.
For Private and Public Port, enter 113.
Click Always or set a schedule.

Step 7 Click Apply and then Continue to save settings.

Step 8 Restart mIRC and verify that all the changes are in place. You have to click OK on each option screen for the changes to take effect.

If the person you are trying to transfer files with is also behind a router, they must also configure their IRC client and router or you will have problems.

Link Copied to Clipboard