mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#101709 27/10/04 07:33 AM
G
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
G
hi i'm having a weird problem that just started recently. i consistently lose my connection no matter what server i'm on ... but with no disconnect message. i generally notice i've lost the connection when all the channels i'm in have no activity, and eventually that most DCC transfers stop, but i never get a ping timeout notice (although i do stop getting Ping? Pong! messages), and typing something or trying to join a channel does nothing (before this would generate a software caused connection abort, connection reset by peer, or a similar error). the situation would be marginally better if it actually did disconnect as i have the "reconnect on disconnection" option checked, so i could queue a file, go to sleep, and not be "in limbo" when i check it again. like i said this just started happening out of the blue, only thing that's changed is that i'm seeding a few torrents lately. any ideas?

--
gb
A
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
A
Ive had this problem before also, it usually has to do with the router dropping your net connection

Link Copied to Clipboard