xrn0id:

Perhaps the web site was not intended for you in particular. Obviously, you are not a newbie and even know enough to format your own computer without hand-holding from tech support. MOST people, by far, could not do this, nor would they be able to detect whether or not they were in risk of getting infected by a virus or a trojan. The fact is, no matter how hard we try to help these users protect themselves, they still manage to get infected.

Your attitude needs a little adjusting, xrn0id; you are a rude person. You say you think mIRC is a two-faced program. I have a couple of objections just to that one sentence.

1) You say you think...when that plainly is frequently not the case. Review your posts and you will (perhaps) see what I mean.

2) You say mIRC is two-faced. mIRC has no faces, one, two or more, although it is a multi-faceted program, that is very true. In English, "two-faced" is a derogatory expression that means "someone who tells one person one thing and tells another person another thing (about the same subject)." Your statement reminds me of the quote, "Guns don't kill people; people kill people." How you choose to use a tool is entirely up to you. Applying your own values, ethics and practices, which you have said yourself are "questionable" in any legalistic sense, is laughable when applied to users who have some experience, but dangerous when applied to newbies who don't realize that they can get hurt in many ways.

DALnet: #HelpDesk and #m[color:#FF0000]IR[color:#EEEE00]C