Agreed.

If Necroman did do a DCC Video .dll (or if anyone did it) I know for a fact that if I was to include it in my script there'd be a potential 30,000 happy downloaders. And that's just for one IRC network.

All we need is the 'market' and some encouragement to those that do know what they are doing whether it be with a .dll or hard-coded into mIRC and sooner or later someone is going to challenge themselves to achieve it.

I suppose time will tell. Sting's post is spot-on too. mIRC does have an intended purpose though with ideas from the users of mIRC as well as input from Khaled of course, it has slowly evolved and matured as an application.

If we look at how versatile Micro$oft Word has become over time, it's gone from a humble word processor to a complete presentation suite on it's own and it also makes websites (not as good as Notepad but anyway) that is an example of how a single purpose application becomes more value-added. Also look at Micro$oft Outlook - I just discovered the other day that it contains a 'light' version of M$ Visual Basic, again product diversity. Now if another chat programme does support DCC Video we know one question is already answered for us - it's possible to do it grin