Hello All,

I've posted about this problem several times before. I've also been in touch, via e-mail, with others who have the absolutely identical problem:

I cannot open the Options menu; I cannot connect to any server. Once, out of frustration, I clicked several times in rapid succession on the Options menu and it opened I think once or twice. However, this no longer works no matter what I try. I cannot connect to any server. The application is worthless now.

Specs:
Win 98SE, Athlon 700MHZ, 655 MB ram, etc.
mIRC version 6.03. I have a cable modem and D-Link Dl 614+ router, but this desktop is connected to it by cable, not WAN. I have a FireWall, Agnitum Outpost. It asked to permit mIRC and I chose the "all the time" option. Older versions of mIRC have always worked fine from this desktop, and using this router. I am a registered user.
Have installed, uninstalled, re-installed about 6 times now, no change whatsoever in problem; have chosed various install options, like not saving my old settings, saving my old settings, etc., etc. Have read all the pertinent FAQs, have searched through the posts, etc. etc.
Have deleted all files, have re-downloaded another copy of mIRC, etc. etc.

What I want to know are two things:

1. How many others have this problem?
2. What are ALL the files that mIRC installs, so I can hunt each one down and manually uninstall them?

So-called "Free Will" is neither; it is a dangerous and persistent illusion. Visit determinism.com