Originally Posted By: drum
Go to Options > Display > Options, and check the "editbox lines" setting to "automatic". Then paste stuff in an editbox and you'll see what we're talking about. My guess is you'll like this behavior better than the confirmation message.
That works, but I'd still like to see some confirmation before mIRC does something automatically. The whole settings menu could use a lot of work too because that option was pretty well hidden there, not to mention a lot of the settings in mIRC are split into 2 or more different locations. In this case confirmation on editbox pasting is under Other->Confirm and the editbox size is under Display->Options.

Originally Posted By: Wims
"multiple lines" implies a line break, which is why what I'm talking about is the same as what you are talking about, the feature is there: a confirmation message when pasting content with line break.
If a line ends in a line break and the next line is empty, mIRC treats those "two lines" as one. That is a bug and I'll make a thread about it.

So to mIRC, currently...
"Hello.
"
is one line

and

"Hello.
a"
is two lines.

There could also be a warning before mIRC actually does a /say and for what reason someone decided that mIRC's default action should be /say when it encounters a line change in the first place, is beyond me. So instead of /say on line change, it should be either warning (my first suggestion), alternative action (currently /say is default and can't be changed) or just not /say that at all (drum's suggestion of automatic editbox size). This is what my feature suggestion was about in the first place.

EDIT: Topic should be fixed to match this, but I'm not sure what one would call it and I doubt I can even change it now. "Add confirmation on automatic /say when pasting lines?" whistle

Originally Posted By: Wims
Being asked for confirmation when there's a line break is what you are looking for, isn't it?
Being asked for confirmation if mIRC wants to automatically /say a pasted line is what I'm really looking for.

EDIT: Even though one might think that asking for confirmation on a single line paste that doesn't get the /say treatment is stupid, someone might still want that feature. So I wouldn't remove it or make a bug report about that.

Last edited by krypto; 01/09/12 09:55 AM.