IN addition to the great replies already posted, let me say once again: mIRC is software. The author has nothing to do with any network/server/channel/ops/IRCops/admins or what rules they make. mIRC doesnt have a "banning policy". If you have a prob with a channel op, contact the founder. If you have a prob with the network, contact their admins. mIRC has nothing to do with anyone being banned or any network policies, nor can mIRC dictate how users on IRC behave. Look at it this way, if someone used MSWord to write you a letter calling you a moron, would you expect MS to do something about it?

Yes, some ppl are rude, be it in general or on a bad day. (and heaven knows we All have those) But we cant do anything about that. We cant judge whether you made a habit of doing other things that annoyed the person who kicked you, or if the person was cranky, or if they were right or wrong to do it. Nor do you have any idea of what else that user may have been doing in notice or msg that YOU didnt see but the op did, or what they may have done in the past that added to the situation. Bottom line, each channel has their own rules and can kick ppl for any reason, including none at all. Those ops really dont have any duty to answer to you or anyone else other than the founder for why they kick someone. Personally, if i were in a channel where i felt the ops judgement couldnt be trusted, or where i felt the ops were rude, i'd find another channel.

I dont know why you said you "have lost friends" over someone elses behavior... just msg them or talk to them in another channel.

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet