I was running mIRC fine with Vista for a good while, until I noticed my logfiles/config files weren't being changed.

Once I moved my folder from Program Files to D:\ , that problem was solved.

A few days ago, I rebooted after running Windows Update, and when I connected to my normal server, mIRC crashed.

I started the program again, but cancelled auto-connect, and after waiting for 10 minutes, no crash.

I connected manually, joined no channels, just idled in the status window, and 30 seconds later, mIRC crashes.

I've tried disabling Aero Glass, run in compatability mode for XP, 2000, and 98, running as Administrator, and adding to the DEP exception list. All of these things did not prevent crashes.

The program crashes consistently 30 seconds after connect, and the only other noticeable difference in operation is a lag between running the program (the program window pops up) and the auto-connection starting.

Is this enough information to get started on a diagnosis? I really feel this problem happened suddenly -- I haven't done any major changes in hardware or software in the last few days other than a memory upgrade.