Quote:
Well so can filter be stopped? it wasnt /halt in the -k alias becuase that did nothing when i tested it. I havent needed to do this for some time, but i still keep thinking i saw something about Khaled saying he had updated something so a repeditively called alias could stop the calling command (this might have been to do with findfile honestly im not sure).

Yes, that was for $findfile(). However, /filter -k doesn't work like that; it goes through the entire infile, caches the results and then loops over those, calling the -k alias. Changing this in /filter would probably require major changes and create other problems. So what the OP wants (/filter not going through all lines in infile) is rather unlikely imo.

That said, a nice (and quite feasible) alternative would be /halt stopping the -k alias from going through all lines in the cache, which in many cases is the bottleneck (even if the alias simply /returns, /filter is much faster without -k).

Edit: Ok, seems the OP didn't want a /stopfilter, I must've mixed feature suggestions :tongue: I do remember it being mentioned recently but a quick search didn't find anything...

Last edited by qwerty; 14/11/06 03:35 PM.