Personally, given that xp will autohide the inactive icon of a bot anyway, i can't see a large amount of use for the feature other than the small percentage using pre xp versions of windows (myself included) AND running instances of mirc they want to hide.

However, i also think the malicious use arguement is mute, but for different reason.
It can already be done so easily, in many different ways. Im sure many have noticed the dozens of mirc trojan/virus bots out there that install themself and run hidden already. I have never actually looked into them to see exactly how they do it specifically, but i can think of a number of ways just off the top of my head.

As far as people with mal intentions are concerned, i dont think they will care which way they need to do it, if they want to do it they will regardless.

Those with legit uses for a feature shouldn't be denied it on the sole basis that it could be of use to those with mal intentions.

"Allen is having a small problem and needs help adjusting his attitude" - Flutterby