mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#269295 21/08/21 02:54 PM
L
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
L
Hello everybody. It's been ages since I've been around and asking for help, but I can't find the solution here. I want to add a function to an existing dialog. I want to add a dropdown menu but in a very specific and I just can't seem to find it. Say I have dropdown option A selected, then I want multiselect checkbox options 1-4 to show up below it. If I have dropdown option B selected, I want multiselect checkbox options 5-8 to show. This is for a Dungeons and Dragons script I use (instead of actually rolling dice and calculating stuff myself since it's faster this way). basically, if I want to use a use to attack, I want to be able to choose what options from a secondary list get used on that attack. I hope the information I have provided is everything you need to know to help me out. Thanks for your help in advnace smile

Those who fail history are doomed to repeat it
L
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
L
Is there a command to reinitialize a dialog without having to close an reopen it? I know that you can use the following code when you start a dialog, but that will only fire when you open a new one. Is there a way to refresh an existing on?

Code
on *:dialog:example:init:*: 

W
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
W
There is not.
With mIRC scripting alone, you cannot modify a dialog's size and controls once it's opened, you need dcx to do that.
You could put what you're doing in your init $devent inside an alias and call the alias when you want to reinitialize the dialog, but that only means changing the control's text etc, you can't remove/add more control or change any size.

That's being said, what you're talking about with option 1-4 or 5-8 in the dropdown combo list, it's entirely doable.

#mircscripting @ irc.swiftirc.net == the best mIRC help channel
Wims #269661 29/11/21 10:52 PM
L
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
L
Thanks. Yeah, I didn't think there was. I looked for an initialize command, but didnt find one. I was able to figure out the drodown menu just fine, and that works.

Link Copied to Clipboard