I figured out a way to do it. its not pretty but it works.
As I have the scene script running which creates a nick.ini file. As the file is updated each time the person joins etc the file should never be out of date. So if I take the ones that have not been updated in a month and create a text file of the names using dir /b >purge.txt then at the top line I put in the total number of lines.
The script then becomes
set %purgecount $read(purge.txt,0)
if %purgecount == 0 goto done
set %upurge $remove($read(purge.txt,%purgecount),.ini))
if %upurge == $null halt
the set reads the first line which is the total number of lines, the working backward grabs each line removes the .ini extension and does a /ruser the count is decreased and it runs again until the count hits 0.
I ran this with over 1,803 lines and it worked removing users. Granted there were a great deal of no such user messages. but it functioned to remove any of the ones found.