T
I have a Problem .. i use multiple networks with BNCs

when i connect to /server lala:+47334
the same Server with different UserNetworkPassword Data
and he connect the first Server the Network Name AlphaIRC is on the Window

and when i connect fast to the 2. Network they use for
1sec the same Network Name on the Window and the

ALT+O connect -> Option - Perform

will use the options from the Perform to fast ..
i have no idea and my english is not perfect to tell you my problem exactly

thx for help

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
mIRC can only know what the network name is based on the connection details you specify in the servers list. If your servers list says that the network name for that address is "Frog", mIRC will use "Frog".

When you connect to the server, mIRC updates the network name based on the network name specified in numeric 005. If numeric 005 says the network name is actually "Cow", mIRC will update the network name for that connection to "Cow".

T
tuvok Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
T
Hi @Khaled

i have make a Video for my Problem i hope you can help me .. my english is not so perfect but you can show it on this video smile

On 1:22 minutes you can see my problem
Video

i have no idea what i can do ..
thx for help

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Khaled: mIRC does produce odd behaviors in switching between the wrong servers where multiple server entries share the same IP/address. Indeed, once upon a time I had to manually edit my servers.ini file to allow multiple entries to share the same ip/address.

After doing an /scon -a /disconnect, and then an /scon -a /server, some server instances end up on the wrong server entry.

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
mIRC cycles through servers in the servers list based on either group names, or if none are available, on server addresses. If you use server entries that do not specify distinct group names, mIRC will use whatever set of servers it finds using the server address to either find a group name to use from the servers list or a server entry. This is a core part of how the server selection/cycling process works. You can resolve issues related to this by assigning your servers unique group/network names.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I give every server a unique group name. Eg: ZNC_EUShell_EFNet_Raccoon

You say that the Group Name is overwritten by the server name asserted in 005. Does mIRC forget about ZNC_EUShell_EFNet_Raccoon when it gets that 005 "EFNet"?

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
If you can provide a step by step method that reproduces the issue you are describing, I will try to reproduce it here.

Link Copied to Clipboard